Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Why ARRL SSB Contest is Not My Favorite

To: "'Frank Fallon'" <n2ff@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Why ARRL SSB Contest is Not My Favorite
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:54:17 -0500
Frank,

Actually, I was the person who suggested the study. I did so for four
reasons: 1) Because I noticed that ARRL DX had fallen to third place in log
submissions behind CQ WW and CQ WPX, 2) Because my fellow ops at KC1XX had
little enthusiasm for the contest and we often had trouble recruiting enough
ops to do a full M/M in ARRL DX, 3) Because I had lost enthusiasm for the
contest myself, and 4) Because CAC morale was deteriorating due to not being
asked to do any meaningful work for a long period of time (a chronic problem
with Advisory Committees, but that's another thread.) I discussed it several
times with the staff member in question, and finally proposed the study to
the PSC at one of their meetings.

Dick