Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Contest Operation

To: "k0rc@citlink.net" <k0rc@citlink.net>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Contest Operation
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 11:31:28 -0400
 So many good points remind me of the Point  Counterpoint senero on TV I have
no answers  I all know it techknoligy is moving at light speed and that
addaptation  in amature radio is taking  place befor our eys.  I have no isse
with  that in general, but were talking about it's implatation in "Contesting"
Each governing body  each contest sponsor will dictate  what's ok.  So a good
OPEN discussion imo is a productive exercise.  The remote operation is a new
can of worms to deal with. Heck  I spent 1,000 of hours building a 5 tower  11
antenna and all that go's with it, so my opinion my be skewed.       eligible ?
Illegal ? in the spirit of ham radio ?   I say go for the gold.... but if in a
completive environment the field must be divided  with a place for the that
class of opperation  ROFPH  ( Remote operation from penthouse ) ?  Or  ROMM (
remote operation maritime mobil )  While in hot tub.  Bottom line IMHO as the
rules now stand ,   all radio equipment must be connecte
 d  and at the  same location , and classifiy the remote opperation for what it
is.  REMOTE  Wayne, W3EA  Going out and disconnect my  Receiving array as
Lightning is forecast this after noon.  nothing remote here !