Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote contest operation
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 02:21:44 +0000
The situation where the operator of the station is not actually present at the station is something probably few telecom laws/regulations have anticipated. Ours here does not.

There is also probably an issue with effectively extending some place's regulatory regime to cover the operator outside its territory. Ours here does not.

I suspect due diligence will find remote operation of amateur stations from beyond the jurisdiction under which the station operates to be a non-starter in many places.

But since we have seen operators without suitable authorization to operate the station but were actually at the station entering radiosporting events, I fully expect where remote operation is not lawful will also slip through the cracks.

73, ex-VR2BG/p.