Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day Rules Change(s)

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day Rules Change(s)
From: Tod Olson <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 15:33:21 -0500
The 'octopus' rule has a long history ? back into the early 60's.

In the W0AA Field Day adventure of 1970 we had three rigs and three
interlocking foot switches {think about that circuit] . Control was done by
shouting for the other guy to take his foot off his foot switch because he
was locking everyone else out! We had one 8 foot long table with all the
rigs on it and all the operators at it. We had one tri-band beam and a
couple of smaller receive antennas for when you did not have control. When
you had control --- you got the beam! Operation was in a 12' x 12' screen
tent ? overnight in MN is still 'brisk' June so that took special effort to
keep warm and keep operating.

Worked well at the time and we were pleased with our recorded final position
for our entry class.  <you will notice I am not referencing a "score">

However, never did it that way again!

Tod, K0TO