Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day Rules Change(s)

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Field Day Rules Change(s)
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@Earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 03:21:36 -0400
NOPE!  In fact, even worse than that, in 2008 - 2010 when I was one of the
primary CW ops, I had to go outside with a flashlight to change bands with a
by hand connector change.  I did not hear of anything different in the 2011
operation.

In 2010 - we had for CW: 5 el 10, 6 el 15, 4 el 20, 2 el 40 and high inv vee
on 80.  SSB: 3 els each on 10 - 20, a wired phased array on 40 and inv vee
on 80.  The GOTA tent used the CW antennas on whatever bands were available
that CW didn't need.  So they "filled the bucket" on GOTA.  There was 2M and
6M yagis and a constant CQ.  That's it, no magic, just A LOT of hardware,
great location, and 24 hour nonstop operations on essentially 4 stations in
the "filled out" 2A mode.

Ed  N1UR

Okay...same band lockout wasn't used, but what about inter-band lockouts ?

For example, did you have a transmitters on 15 CW and 40 CW with a lockout
so that only one of those transmitters could be transmitting at a time ?

73,

Steve, N2IC