Re: [CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?

To: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] : Reverse beacon of my own call?
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 18:43:24 -0400
At first, to me it seemed ok to use RBN as a propagation, as it is not QSO
alerting. BUT, QSO alerting is defined in part 2 of the rule  ".....that
provides call sign or multiplier identification along with
frequency information to the operator".
 It says nothing about if that information actually alerts one to a
potential QSO. Using the RBN as a propagation tool IS QSO alerting
assistance according to the rule -- It provides a call sign (mine), it
provides multiplier info (not a mult) and frequency info, (My frequency)

Now, if before the contest, I tell a friend I will be on, give a listen,
and he calls me up calls me up during the contest and says "Hey -- I heard
a WV2ZOW from New Jersey on 14.025. Is that you?" that would also seem to
fall under the definition of QSO alerting assistance, and I'd have to
switch my category to SO Assisted.

Appears the rule needs some work -- perhaps a better definition of QSO
alerting assistance.

73, Mike, WV2ZOW