Re: [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotsh

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotshots would take the opportunity to drop down to the 24-hour category for the sake of an easy
From: "Mark Beckwith" <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 09:45:07 -0500
Well, too, it's a question of art vs. science or technology vs. romance. The thing to understand perhaps is that there is not just one size that fits all.

There must be some contest this weekend. I got the weekend off from my family. I am sitting here at N5OT and I've got about 15 contacts logged. I'm having a great time. Today I am enjoying more of the romantic side, the "magic of the shortwaves" side, as I putter in the barn on a nice fall day, sorting tools and hardware, and stuff like that (like lurking on this reflector). The art and romance sides are carrying it for me, since I don't have anything up at the moment besides a 40 meter sloping dipole, and I have a terrible line noise problem that crept in while I wasn't looking. I am listening to my friends all over the world, with many of whom I have enjoyed real face time, do the heavy lifting. You go, boys.

I am enjoying myself immensely. If I were to try and compete in this contest, that 24-hours-on-one-radio thing might be just the ticket for a classic OT like me.

Room for everyone, I think.

73,
Mark, N5OT