Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened
From: Chris Plumblee <chris.plumblee@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:42:29 -0500
I'll gladly stipulate that my strategy works much better in WPX or another
serial number contest than in CQWW or ARRL DX. Maybe that's why the
alternative method is popular; send "CL?" over any portion of the ongoing
QSO to try to elicit a callsign from the running station.

Chris WF3C

You need more experience !

All too often the exchange goes like this:

CQ2LID: TU
N2IC: N2IC
CQ2LID: N2IC 5NN A4
N2IC: CL ?
CQ2LID: TU

CQ2LID has already worked me on 3 other bands, and his log prefills my
Zone 4 exchange. No need for him to wait for me to actually send it.

My solution to this...QSY ! I don't know his call, so I have nothing to
log. He gets what he deserves - a NIL. Loses that QSO and 3 penalty
QSO's (for CQWW).

73,
Steve, N2IC