Re: [CQ-Contest] W/VE contacts from W/VE in ARRL DX

To: "ve8ev@arrl.net" <ve8ev@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W/VE contacts from W/VE in ARRL DX
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 22:06:27 +0400
I agree with John's point regarding lack of advertising for ARRL DX
Contest.  As a small pistol on the other side of the pond, I must say I was
quite  disappointed in the amount of North American participants. You do
not notice the lack of Americans and Canadians in the big gun logs here in
Europe, but my impression is that level of serious participation from mid
size US (in particular) stations has decreased compared to a decade or two
ago.  The big guns ar e always there, but what I think ARRL should do
before next contest is to make some serious PR and marketing for one of the
best contests I know.

73 de RM2D (SM6LRR)

(I worked my first ARRL DX Contest in 1981 and had more exciting times with
an HW 101 and a 12AVQ than this year due to much higher NA participation)