Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments on CQWW Rules

To: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments on CQWW Rules
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:39:17 -0000
Hey, guys.  I got it!!!!  We can solve this easily.

Just outlaw S&P stations and the whole problem goes away. Who needs 'em anyhow!

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"™
--

-----Original Message----- From: W0MU Mike Fatchett
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 2:47 PM
To: cq-contest@contesting.com

The aim is gain two way contacts?    I thought it was to work as many
people as possible and as many mults.  Pileup control is done by giving
callsigns.  So in an effort to placate the I NEED IT NOW  society a
rules change has been made to remove a viable strategy from a run
station so that S&P stations can get a call or verify a call faster.

The next rule change we need is that everyone gets a shiny trophy and we
have no winners and losers..................

Mike W0MU

AF6O wrote:
>Once you try to force a competitor to adopt a strategy to boost his
competitors score it ceases to be a contest.

With the aim of the contest being to gain as much TWO-WAY-contacts, the other half of a qso seems to be such an essential part(ner) of the action that the decision does not seem to be unwise. Oh, and it is simply fair to take care of that point. But YMMV
Chris DL8MBS