Re: [CQ-Contest] RXDC

To: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>, "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RXDC
From: "Fco. Luis Delgadillo" <xe2b@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 09:04:28 -0600
Mats,
It is not that simple, regardless of  CW speed or RBN use, do not forget where
the QTH is located .
You could be a speed demon at 80 WPM and/or have  the  best decoders, the best
stations/antennas.....still you won't have  the propagation advantage of
certain known geographic areas.

Luis XE2B

> From: sm6lrr@gmail.com
> Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 07:33:24 +0300
> To: john@kk9a.com
> CC: cq-contest@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RXDC
>
> John,
>
> You ever heard about Reverse Beacon Network or Clusters???
>
> In the new "modern" era of contesting....  own skills are not necessarily
> promoted so why bother to develop excellent code skills when RBN and the
> cluster will let you know who is in on the frequency?
>
> Fortunately, CW-decoders are not all that relaible so far, which means that
> you still need to trust your ears if you want to be sure about the contest
> exchange.Therefore, adaptation of speed from the big gun with 50 WPM can be
> necessary to ensure that ALL contact is correct at both sides (not only the
> callsigns and the predictable WAZ-zones).
>
> As WRTC2018 see no addtional value in skills to find the station on his own
> (Assisted and Non-Assisted equal), why bother to strive for improvement of
> code skills? And with Assisted allowed, we can also assume that one day
> when decoders develop better, WRTC-participants can qualify without knowing
> code at all. Just use your "tools" - RBN, Internet, CW-decoders, call sign
> databases in your log program and CLICK!.  Voila, you are in Germany right
> away :)
>
> Maybe time to divide WRTC in different categories so those who prefer
> Classic contesting without tools can have our own fun, without being forced
> into a category depending on machines and internet...
>
> 73 de Mats RM2D (SM6LRR)

ntesting.com/mailman/listinfo/cq-contest