Re: [CQ-Contest] RXDC

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RXDC
From: VE5ZX <ve5zx@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 10:40:48 -0600

My comments refer to the fact that contesting community clearly seems to
give up traditional skillsets in favor for internet, RBN, clusters,
decoders, call databases etc etc.

Many traditional skills are gone!

Paper logs to logging programs. Hand keys and bugs to keyers. Separate tx/rx to transceivers. All these are a result of digital evolution. No one complained of these evolutions or asked for separate contest classes.

The Internet, RBN, clusters, decoders, call database and SDR radios are just on-going digital evolution of our hobby. May it continue for decades to come!

Syl - VE5ZX