Re: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores

To: Ken Widelitz <widelitz@gte.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Posting Scores
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 19:07:47 -0600
Nobody if forcing anyone to do anything. How can we possibly share the excitement and fun a better way?

Even if every contest had a scoreboard feature nobody said you had to look at it.

How boring would hockey or football be if nobody was allowed to watch.

What other sport has no scoreboard?  No way to to gauge how you are doing?

Big Egos at play? Do you think the WRTC team that came from behind to take 2nd or 3rd cared about the scoreboard.

I see a lot of people blaming a non existent system for reason why they might lose. Oh I might relax a bit......Why would you do this? If you do that is your choice.

Sorry the top guys go full bore all the time.

Ken, How many people have you invited over to watch your contest. The first question out of their mouths is who is winning.............. Webcams and scoreboards could very well encourage people to try contesting or ham radio.

What suggestions do you have to increase participation?

Scoreboards can be set up to have delayed scores, block certain data pieces from being sent etc.

What I have found is most of the nay Sayers are quick to complain, yet have no ideas on how to better the "sport". It is all about Me me me me me.

Live scoring is not that far away.  What are you going to do then? Quit?

Mike W0MU