Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 TO7A.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CW 2014 TO7A.
From: Steve IK4WMH <ik4wmh@virgilio.it>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 23:53:59 +0200
Hello Richard,

Friday, May 8, 2015, 8:56:40 PM, you wrote:

RFDN> To give you an example: every time a band change was done or
RFDN> every time a move was made, it resulted in a new mult.

>From the piece of log you examined I can see that:

1. in a 15 minutes time frame he worked only one new mult on 40m, it
could have been because he actually tuned on that band looking for
mults

2. 10 minutes passed between the first qso on 40m and the second, he
might have spent that minutes tuning up and down and filling his own
bandmap

RFDN> Amazing luck?  Or????

If we insist on inspecting just a few very small pieces of the log I
think we can't come to a conclusion as pieces similar to the ones we
examined here can be found in many logs.

A close examination of the whole log is needed, something that I
haven't done.

The contest committee must have carefully inspected the full log and
apparently they decided that the coincidences and other odd things
crossed a certain threshold.

Steve IK4WMH