[CQ-Contest] check log charlie

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] check log charlie
From: <w2lc@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 1:31:13 +0000
someone wrote  "If the USA station's log does not reflect the correct
transmitting frequency, then the log should be considered a check log. In this
age of ham radio software being free or at a very low cost, there is no
reasonable excuse for not indicating the transmit frequency." ... yes there is

Neither my radio or software is capable of logging the transmit frequency for
me, so does that mean I can no longer submit a log for CQWW?

The software is not the big issue but the radio is. What is the cost of adding
my transmit frequency to my log? About $5k USD for a good radio decent filters
and other accessories. Is that the price of entry into CQWW?  Quite honestly my
older radio still works pretty well and I do not see getting many more QSOs due
to a new radio. The ROI would be very low

Yes Steve I am on the trailing edge of technology happily living in the 20th
century.

Is it now the policy of the CQWW committee to say to older radio users "we
don't want you in this contest"?

73 Scott W2LC