Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rules changes

To: Ken Low <kenke3x@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rules changes
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 09:28:21 -0700
On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Ken Low <kenke3x@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now picture yourself on the Contest Committee trying to find out who
> cheated and who did not.   You see both log sections above and identify the
> two identical QSO patterns as suspicious.   Wouldn't an audio recording,
> along with frequency information, be useful and definitive to the Contest
> Committee in proving I did not cheat?   It sure would.

Well, no... It only proves that he tuned in the stations and (even then,
presumably) built a band map before he worked them. He could have used
spots to find them, with the goal of not missing any. A person who is
tuning without benefit of spots might miss a few. Sigh.

73 jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com