Re: [CQ-Contest] LY9W ? - time to ban SCP?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LY9W ? - time to ban SCP?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 13:54:52 -0700
On Fri,7/31/2015 1:06 PM, OZ1BII Henning wrote:
SCP and Call History files are used **during the contest**  - you find them
in every contest log program.

False logic on several counts. First, those files were generated BEFORE the contest, and SCP were generated by OTHERS. They are NOT in the logging programs -- you must download the files -- the logging programs simply give us the ability to USE the files. Call History Files must be made before the contest. We can get them from someone else, or we can make them from our own logs.

I agree that both are a form of assistance, but I don't see contest rules being changed to say so. :)

73, Jim K9YC