Re: [CQ-Contest] Absurd Rule in NAQP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Absurd Rule in NAQP
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 09:37:16 -0800
I have to agree with Tom.

During the NAQP CW, I came across VY1AAA calling CQ with hardly any callers. Got him on the first call.

Sure different from contests using the RBN where there would have been a massive pileup and my chances
of getting him would have been slim to none.

The NAQP was created to be a low power, no spotting contest. That is it's flavor and we should keep it that
way. Wish they were all like that :-)   73
Tom W7WHY

 Tom Haavisto wrote:

    I enjoy operating without having to deal with the cluster fed
    pileups.  One
    can run with minimal pileups.  One can S&P without having to duke
    it out
    with 50 other stations who just clicked on a spot the moment a
    station was
    spotted.

    This is the flavour of the contest - lets leave it the way it is!

    Tom - VE3CX