Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cqcontest.net
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 18:18:38 +0100
On 05/04/2016 13:07, Randy Thompson K5ZD wrote:

There is another option...  Rather than continue to get twisted in defining
the separation, we could merge SO and SOA into one and remove all confusion.
There could be an overlay category for the guys who want to compare
themselves to other "classic" ops.

This is playing with words.  Whether we're discussing categories
or overlays, they still have to be defined.

We could equally merge all categories to remove all confusion
and all cheating - but we don't. In any case, people who are
moving on will find new options (networked, of course) to cheat.

It seems only CQ, ARRL, and SAC maintain the assisted concept.  The rest of
the world has moved on.

Not true - the RSGB maintains the distinction. In this month's QST,
Dave Sumner K1ZZ, describes us as "the sailors of the electromagnetic
waves".  We could always move on to be internet users, just like
everyone else.

73,
Paul EI5DI