Re: [CQ-Contest] Great book

To: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Great book
From: Jim George <n3bb@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 20:29:30 -0500
Thanks a great deal, Mike. I really feel honored. Hopefully you will find that the book gets pretty dramatic with a tense atmosphere at the end. This WRTC had a lot of great things in it, and I hope to have captured them in the story. I keep telling people that the goal was to tell the story on two different planes: one that an experienced contest operator will enjoy; and one that a total newbie, or one who has never heard of ham radio, will find enthralling.

By the way, I operated (competed in) the 2000 WRTC and was a referee in the 2002 Helsinki event. So I tried to capture what the operators feel in this pressure cooker. Also, I'm battling through the virtual re-building of my contest station following two devastating storms in the summer of 2014. Hopefully, I'll be back at full-scale by the fall of this year.

73, Jim N3BB