Re: [CQ-Contest] RM11708 and the Future

To: "'Ward Silver'" <hwardsil@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RM11708 and the Future
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 07:19:38 -0800
Hi all:

I wasn't going to jump in, because I pretty much ditto what Ward has been
saying (about both cheating and RM11708), but I do want to point out
something.  In most of the world, there is *NO* regulation of mode or
bandwidth within the Amateur Bands (with the exception of shared use bands
like 30M and 60M).  Hams there have to work it out amongst themselves.  Much
like *cheating* ..we can't regulate it out of existence .. in both cases ..
things will work out as well/poorly as we manage it.  Expecting regulators
to save us from ourselves is pointless.  Practically, it doesn't work, and
nobody, whether us as contesters, or government regulatory body, has the
time and the budget to do it.

73
Steve KL7SB