Re: [CQ-Contest] RM11708 and the Future

To: hwardsil@gmail.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RM11708 and the Future
From: Ktfrog007--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 20:15:44 -0400
Ward, I'm in general agreement with you but have some comments.   Many of
the most committed and enthusiastic hams (and most vociferous) are DXers  and
contesters who use CW, RTTY and SSB.  These may be archaic modes, but
nothing better has come along for DXing and contesting so these  modes will
stick around for a long time and may need protection from  indicriminate wide
modes.

The future of CW is in doubt and it will likely fade away except for DXing
and contesting.  Most recently licensed hams are not proficient  in CW.
This is obscured somewhat because skimmers, the RBN,  clusters and pretty good
code readers make CW usable for DX and contests  even if you don't know it
well.

You'll just get dragged down into the  muck.

73,
Ken, AB1J

In a message dated 2016-08-23 9:05:13 P.M. Coordinated Universal Tim,