Re: [CQ-Contest] Log what was sent

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log what was sent
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 21:48:33 -0500
This is something I have always wondered about. What happens if a station
sends the wrong data, particularly if that wrong data affects scoring?
Suppose a station was in EWA but sent WWA in Sweepstakes. Or suppose he was
in Zone 7 but sent Zone 8? All you know is what he sent, and hopefully that
is what you logged. You have no way of knowing, sitting at your station, if
it's correct or not. It's what he sent and it's what you logged.

Suppose the station in the first example was the only station you worked
who said he was in WWA and you called a Clean Sweep?

What happens if the other station is DQ'ed from the contest? Does everyone
who worked him lose the QSO(s)? And why? The other stations didn't do
anything wrong. Why would or should you lose credit for a QSO with a
station when you copied exactly what was sent, correctly?

73, Zack W9SZ