Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Roundup is coming up soon!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Roundup is coming up soon!
From: Pierre Fogal <pierre.fogal@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 13:17:32 -0500
Hi Jeff,

I'm looking at participating in the RTTY Roundup for the first time.

I'm a bit perplexed by rule 2.2.  Does this mean that once I have stopped
operating twice that I'm done for the contest if I stop again?

Say for example that I start the contest, and operate for 4 hours, and then
go off and make dinner for the family.  I might then be free to come back
after 2 hours and  continue operating.  I then operate for another 6 hours
or so and then head to bed, getting up 6 hours later and then rejoin.  I've
now had two blocks of off time.  If I were then to stop after some amount
of operating time, would I be able to rejoin the contest or am I done?

What happens if I start the contest some hours late?  Is that considered
one of the off periods?

And, what would be the minimum time between contacts to count as off-time?

As I said ... I ain't done this one before ...

Thanks, 73

Pierre VE3KTB

Message: 5