Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Roundup is coming up soon!

To: Pierre Fogal <pierre.fogal@gmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY Roundup is coming up soon!
From: Ryan Noguchi via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 21:35:25 +0000 (UTC)
>I'm a bit perplexed by rule 2.2.  Does this mean that once I have
>stopped operating twice that I'm done for the contest if I stop again?

No. To satisfy the rule, you must either 1) take one break of at least 6 hours
in duration, or 2) take two breaks totaling 6 hours with each of those breaks
being longer than 30 minutes in duration. As long as you do either of those
options, you can take as many additional breaks as you want.

>What happens if I start the contest some hours late?  Is that considered one
>of the off periods?

Yes. For example, if you start 6 hours after the contest starts you can operate
the remainder of the contest nonstop.

>And, what would be the minimum time between contacts to count as off-time?
>Pierre VE3KTB

Minimum time is 30 minutes per the General Rules for all ARRL Contests, if not
superseded by a specific contest's rules:
http://www.arrl.org/general-rules-for-all-arrl-contests. ;

73, Ryan AI6DO