Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 13:50:36 -0800
Hi Marcello,

The rule for recording was begun two years ago, in an effort to detect certain forms of cheating. There was a lot of discussion here before and after the rule was made. W4PA has said that this is the second year that a recording was requested, so by this year, at least, you must have known about the rule.

"Having the internet" has nothing to do with making an audio recording. I've seen several methods and programs for recording contest audio. Here's are two by K6XX.

http://www.nccc.cc/jug/2016/02Feb2016.pdf
http://www.nccc.cc/jug/2016/08Aug2016.pdf

Google "recording contest audio" to find more, including these.

http://www.jlaporta.com/N1CC/Audio_Recording_Contests.pdf
http://nt1k.com/blog/2016/recording-contest-qsos/

There's N3IT's plug-in for N1MM Logger Plus. W1UE posted about it on this reflector on 15 June 2015.

73, Jim K9YC