Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 20:15:25 -0700
Gotta love our moderators letting this through.

On 3/4/2017 4:02 PM, Ria Jairam wrote:
People are reading too much into this.

It was the same effect (in this contest) as a DQ, just without the harsher
penalties. It's similar to the red/yellow card system that was implemented.

In a wider context it was more lenient and I believe this was on purpose.
Give him a slap on the wrist rather than throwing the book at him. It has
been done before.

BTW for the snarky responses from Steve N2IC, W0MU and others, yes I can
and do read the rules, as well as answer the surveys when rule changes are
proposed. I've been licensed for almost 20 years now and I have scored in
most contests higher than W0MU actually, with plaques on my wall to prove
it. So I know a thing or two. :)

Anyway, don't read too much into what I'm saying. The basic premise is
there - it could have been a "full" DQ but they chose not to because
apparently they wanted to be lenient. C

Ria
N2RJ