Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 10:37:44 -0500
Group,

After a long thread, it may be a good idea to go back the CX2DK very first message about this.

Quote:
"After several years, I began with contests. Over time I have personally and
economically sacrificed so that my station every day is in better condition."

I admire CX2DK commitment to the hobby. If the intent was not to be recognized at the top of the rankings by his peers, why bother with the reclassification to checklog? It must have been his personal best regardless.

On the other hand, if it was his intent to be recognized by his peers, he missed some important station upgrades, and there was no lack of advance 'warning'.

Quote:
"How could it be that for not having audio, send me to checklog being the
first in my category with a big difference (double of points) with the
second???"

Most people will agree that doubling the points of the second place finisher would be an acceptable reason for the CC to want to check things out, informally or otherwise.

Quote:
"If there are doubts of some multipliers, please delete them, remove qsos or
whatever, but do not send me to checklog without asking."

This is a tough one, not as clear cut as it sounds. A multiplier or two, yes, simply delete them. Was a multiplier or two responsible for doubling the score of the nearest competitor?

Quote:
"But can not you listen to audio with the SDR?"

They could, I guess, but why would the CC committee have to dig for this info inside a huge file (all bands/all participants), when they can ask for the participant's specific recording.

Towards the end of the message, there is a list of real and/or perceived violations that could have happened during the contest. What are we to think of it? If you can not stop every possible violation, there should be no enforcement?

Quote:
"Today there are many people in the world who are angry and think if they
are going to do the CQWW 2017."

If you are referring to the number of submitted logs, any reduction is more likely to be related to bad propagation than perceived unfairness in the enforcement of the contest rules.

73 de Vince, VA3VF