Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth ?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth ?
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 07:22:58 -0400
What is the motivation for Assisted Operators to even care if there is an
unassisted class?  How is it harming you in any way that other - equally as
important as you - people choose to contest the way we grew up and enjoyed
it?  It doesn't bother me that its "possible" for someone in the class to
cheat.  It didn't bother me that it was "possible" for someone to cheat in
Low Power class when I choose to compete in that class.  I know what I am
doing and I know when something smells bad out there as well.

I choose to compete in unassisted because I love the balance.  Others are
simply looking at the efficiency gain of being fed spots and the fact that
their eyes add another receptor beyond their 2 ears and that adds to their
efficiency as well.  I have no strike against those and realize, it helps.
Good for them.

Until someone can tell me how what I choose to do for my better enjoyment
harms them, I respectfully ask for the ability to choose the class I better
enjoy.

Thank you.

Ed  N1UR