Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth ?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW Assisted - Is it just another Urban Myth ?
From: MARK BAILEY <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 10:45:37 -0400 (EDT)
Good day, everyone:

I agree with Ed.  WHY does any Assisted/Unlimited operator want to eliminate
the Single Operator categories?  Single Operator categories make use of
different skills and have the operator tuning the bands to find stations to
work.  These skills ARE different.

What is being proposed isn't merging Single Operator and Assisted/Unlimited
categories, though it is often described that way.  It is actually just
elimination of Single Operator categories.

Yes, it may be impossible to detect all forms of cheating, but eliminating
rules so the current methods of cheating are allowed is not the answer.

Eliminating low power and QRP categories and the rule for operating within
license restrictions is not the answer for power cheating.

Eliminating the rules against using remote receivers isn't the answer for that
form of cheating.

Eliminating the rules against having multiple operators in Unlimited/Assisted
categories isn't the answer for cheating by getting help.

Eliminating band and mode change restrictions isn't the answer for "rubber
clocking".

And so on....

73,

Mark, KD4D