Re: [CQ-Contest] Which would yor choose?

To: Contest List <CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Which would yor choose?
From: Mike Ritz <w7vo@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 01:23:18 +0000 (UTC)
If all three are the same price I would pick the FT-3000, only because it is
newer, and has a better receiver than the FT-2000. The FT-2000 with the low
band u-tune filters would be the second choice, based on ergonomics (which is
important in contesting). The receiver is not quite as good as the FT-3000, and
the technology is older.

Of course, the FT-2000 has dual receivers, which the FT-3000 does not. That may
be an impact, but only if the second receiver is important to you.

The third choice would be the FT-1200, only because it's a watered down
FT-3000.

73;
Mike
W7VO