Re: [CQ-Contest] So Sunday Sucked?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] So Sunday Sucked?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 09:37:45 -0800
On 11/6/2017 7:04 AM, Jim Stahl via CQ-Contest wrote:
As many of you are aware, for many years I’ve been doing “Single Operator Multi
Station” efforts in SS, typically operating from four different stations in an effort to turn
SS into a 24 hour ratefest.

Out here in W6, Rusty, W6OAT, is credited with the strategy of NCCC members trading stations for one of the two days of SS. To do that, of course, requires spare rigs and spare callsigns (like one borrowed from another ham who won't operate in SS). I've done that a half dozen times, and it certainly makes Sunday a lot more fun on both ends of the QSO.

As NCCC members have aged, there's far less interest in SS, and some of our members experience physical discomfort with more than a few hours of BIC. As a result, we haven't mounted a serious SS effort for about five years. I've chosen to work the CW weekend QRP, and often a pass on SSB.

73, Jim K9YC