Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ
From: Christian Schneider <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 15:19:32 +0100
IMHO it cant't work in any competition to apply different rulings amongst the participants of the same category. You can have a separate category or league where all the selected have to play by different rules than the rest of the pack (like a predefined Formula1 of former champions, winners etc requiring audio, exact frequencies). But the rules you follow cannot change depending on your outcome. I don't think that is the case in any competition - because it seems to be against the name of the games and the spirit of a competition - as naive as it may seem to "the pros". All kinds of sport gain much of their attraction by a suddenly successful "underdog".
73 Chris DL8MBS