Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB 2017 Effective DQ
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 09:10:51 -0500
While I think we can all feel MM3AWD's frustration of not thinking he would
be in the top 5 and be asked for something he didn't have, the fact is the
"administrative check log" is the right tool for this circumstance.  And
yes, in the future, more of us should consider that we might do well and
should add that tool to the portfolio.

I think that equating this classification into an "effective DQ" is wrong.
It isn't.  And shouldn't be thought of that way.  CQ WW has shown no
hesitation in DQing people they thought should be DQ'd so if they classified
it as a check log, they are in fact accepting the contesters integrity but
holding to the rules in my opinion.

I, for one, assume Scott did nothing wrong and hope that the rest will as
well.

Sure they don't ask everyone in the top 5 for a recording, but I assume if
Scott had one, it would have clarified whatever the concern was.

73

Ed  N1UR