Re: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 11:26:36 -0700
On 3/14/2018 7:08 PM, Ed Sawyer wrote:
Personally, I think its long exchange and that you can’t work people more than
once in the contest.  So rates slow down.  Many of the aspects that the SS crowd likes
about the contest.  But that just my opinion.

The long exchange makes it one of the few contests that requires that you copy anything that you didn't already know! There are far too many like this. Like CQWW, ARRL DX, and the RAC contests.

The current long contest hours and start/stop times make it possible to operate from two QTHs with different rigs and calls, making Sunday a lot more fun both for those who do and for others looking for new stations to work.

Allowing a QSO per band would give east coast and midwest stations the same huge advantage during low sunspot years that the east coast enjoys in DX contests, and which discourages participation by west coast stations. 10M has been dead out west for nearly a year, and 15 is on it's way there. That gives the west coast one band on which to work second and third tier stations in the much higher population density areas east of the Mississippi.

73, Jim K9YC