Re: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NCJ Article RE: Sweepstakes Change Suggestions
From: Jim Preston <jpreston1@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 08:55:57 -0700
It isn't just new contesters that are turned off by those two things. Some of us who have been around awhile are also. Granted, I'm not as active as the big guns, but I would probably get more involved in SS if the exchange were shorter and we could work the same station on every band.

How about just sending the serial nr and section - maybe keep the year first licensed (or not?). I don't see any need to send the call as part of the exchange. I realize the exchange was originally based on the message format for traffic handling, but I don't think it serves a purpose for SS any more.

I haven't been in SS since 2013. I might make some QSO's this year, only because of the Grid Chase.

73,

Jim N6VH