Re: [CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?
From: "Alan M. Eshleman" <doctore@well.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 11:41:34 -0800 (PST)
Not sure about V2.0, but, the other day I called CQ with V 1.9 and then went
back into the house, had some coffee, and chatted with my XYL. When I went back
to the shack I was surprised to see that my PC had completed a QSO with a
station in Indonesia.  If I had an automated CQ (which doesn't seem that
technically difficult) that would have been a fully computer controlled QSO.
What am I missing here?

I do enjoy an occasional FT-8 QSO but I'm not much of a fan of FT-8 contesting.
 It's just a matter of time before we will have a fully automated contest.

73, Alan/K6SRZ