Re: [CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 04:25:05 -0500
The number of times this is repeated and emphasized, you guys must be right. I must have missed this section of the WSJT-X instructions.

How do I activate this built-in 'WSJT-X Honor Roll inducting macro'? Serious question, since some of you seem so sure of what you are saying.

As for the possible single contact WSJT-X may complete 'on its own', provided the operator checks the "Enable TX", let's use the worst possible scenario. The 'robot' worked a P5 or Bouvet.

This single contact can be discarded, or is the 'robot' also going to include it in your DXCC application without your knowledge? Who is responsible for the integrity of your DXCC achievements?

There are robots out there. At least one self-declared, others suspected, based on their 'operating routine'.

Feel free not to 'connect' to them. If you worked a robot unknowingly, there was no 'cheating' on your part. It makes no material difference whether an intelligent robot, or a dumb operator, was at the controls on the other side.

73 de Vince, VA3VF

As far that intervention is just a mouse click it can easily be replaced by
a macro.
And if you watch the bands you will find plenty of those FT-8 robots.