Re: [CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 09:59:05 -0800
On 12/18/2018 6:16 AM, Peter Sundberg wrote:
How cool is it to have worked nobody?????

You appear not to have read the link. It's VERY cool to have made contact with a QRP radio floating on a research raft out in the Pacific, which, by the way, took a LOT of very good engineering to set up so that it kept working over a journey of thousands of miles. Setting it up is FAR more in the true spirit of ham radio than any contest I've ever entered.

The CQ Field award is about making a QSO with stations spread over every part of the earth. It has NOTHING to do with how that station is operated, and everything to do with how WE operate our station to make the contact.

And take credit for an award??

See above.

Or credit for a contest QSO??

Not a contest QSO.