Re: [CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 20:59:37 -0800
On 12/17/2018 4:10 PM, Dennis Moore wrote:
Look up KH6JF/MM. It was an FT8 system floating on a raft, no operator in control. Apparently made thousands of QSOs, including me on 20m.

Yes, very cool. W6OAT and I are among ops who chase CQ Fields, and the ones that are all water are a challenge. Both of us worked this station for a new field! And for those who won't bother to go read about it, WSJT-X standing alone can only be set to will only answer one station responding to its own CQ and complete one QSO. The automation to reset that process was provided by programming of the computer running WSJT-X.

73, Jim K9YC