Re: [CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?

To: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Robotic contest operating, why knot?
From: af5cc2 <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 17:09:23 -0600
A couple of the older Soviet satellites had a CW robot you could work.  You
could even get a QSL for it.  How great would it be to work nobody in space!!73
John AF5CCSent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone-------- Original message
--------From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com> Date: 12/18/2018  10:00 AM
(GMT-06:00) To: cq-contest@contesting.com Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Robotic
contest operating, why knot? I did not work the robot, but heard stories about
it at the time.If it was truly an autonomous one, it sure had more embedded
intelligencethan some 'human QSOs'.While not looking forward to the bands being
populated by robots, I wouldhave enjoyed seeing it in operation.R&D, tinkering
in ham radio jargon, should never be curtailed. Deploymentis up for discussion.
Views/opinions change overtime. What looks like a baddevelopment today, may not
be seen as such tomorrow.Keep things segregated if you must, but don't 'kill'
it.73 de Vince, VA3VFHow cool is it to have worked