Re: [CQ-Contest] FT8 not allowed in Winter Field Day?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT8 not allowed in Winter Field Day?
From: robert <wa1fcn@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 17:48:39 -0600

GM Ria

        FT8 Has it's pluses and minuses .... This is from someone who

        operates FT 8 for about 1 hour most mornings.  The minuses I

        can see it's making me a lazy operator. Rather than S/P for

        DX I now simply  click away at decode.... So it's taking a serious

         CW operator away from CW.  I know I am

          not alone. Also I am doing it on backup

        computer/rig while more productive things I am doing on

        main computer.  So I am not even paying attention to the other

        FT8  operator, who ever it may be.  I mean I have to go to QRZ.com

        to even get his name !

       I know it's a passing thing and I am getting tired of it after 8 months,

        and glad I am feeling this way ! It never felt like actual Ham Radio,

        maybe I am just too old school.

            73 BoB WA1FCN