Re: [CQ-Contest] FT8 not allowed in Winter Field Day?

To: rjairam@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT8 not allowed in Winter Field Day?
From: Amir Findling <sarlabs@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 08:26:20 -0500
Hi there,
We are ham radio operators,  communicators,  not excommunicators!  No
reason to ban a mode! Changes can be made to the rules to adapt to the
limitations of FT8, and while making these changes add a multiplier factor
so that modes that are more appropriate to emergencies would be favored,
but FT8 users would not be excluded.

I had intended to participate in the winter field day,  in a minor way,
now I'm not going to.  They dislike a mode that many are using nowadays to
the point of banning it,  I  will reply with a boycott of winter field day
on all modes!

--

73 de Amir K9CHP

ARRL, Emergency Coordinator, Onondaga County, NY
Radio Amateurs of Greater Syracuse  www.ragsclub.org
Wilderness SAR www.wsar.org (ret.)
Eagle Valley Search Dogs www.evdogs.org (ret.)