Re: [CQ-Contest] Emails During a Contest

To: Jim <jimk8mr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Emails During a Contest
From: mike stokes <mike9v@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 18:15:49 -0400
If he submits his contest log, then there is no question that it is
unethical and cheating.

But, assuming he doesn't submit his log, it is no different than emailing
and asking you county, grid square, or other info.  If he is not submitting
a log, he doesn't have to follow the rules.

Mike
KK9V

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 2:39 PM Jim via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
wrote:

> Yes, it is cheating or at least highly unethical.
>
> Having read subsequent posts that it was from a serious competitor who
> should have known better, the immediate response to him might have been to
> say "no, I sent you XXXX", where XXXX is not what you sent him. If he
> believes you, at least he will lose that QSO. For a casual likely newcomer
> I’d have just ignored it, or perhaps politely replied “No thanks”.
>
> And forwarding the email to the contest director was indeed appropriate.
>

> 73  -  Jim   K8MR
>

> > On Apr 1, 2019, at 10:48 PM, ku8e <ku8e@ku8e.com> wrote:
> >
> > I had a station who I worked during the WPX SSB contest send me an email
> during the contest asking what the number I sent him was. I guess he wasn't
> sure when he worked me.Do you think this is cheating? Personally I think
> this is cheating. Maybe I should forward that email to CQ? It really irks
> me when people blatantly cheat and think there are no consequences. Also
> there were way too many stations on 40 meters from Europe that were
> probably cheating by running some serious power. It's frustrating when you
> call someone who is 30db over S9 and they CQ in your face. It's not like I
> have a crummy antenna on that band plus I'm running an amp. Maybe someone
> in Europe can explain to me what I'm missing?Jeff KU8E Sent from my
> Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Mike Stokes
KK9V