Re: [CQ-Contest] Emails During a Contest

To: ku8e <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Emails During a Contest
From: Jim via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 10:13:20 -0400
Yes, it is cheating or at least highly unethical.

Having read subsequent posts that it was from a serious competitor who should
have known better, the immediate response to him might have been to say "no, I
sent you XXXX", where XXXX is not what you sent him. If he believes you, at
least he will lose that QSO. For a casual likely newcomer I’d have just ignored
it, or perhaps politely replied “No thanks”.

And forwarding the email to the contest director was indeed appropriate.

73  -  Jim   K8MR