Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

To: Rudy Bakalov <r_bakalov@yahoo.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting
From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 09:02:58 -0400
Hello Rudy.  To be clear, I am not resisting innovation.  It just has no place
being mixed in with other modes and call it "the same but different".  If FT8/4
users want to robo war each other - go for it.  No issue.

The answer to your fundamental question is that the operator decodes CW and SSB
before entering in the log by ear and brain.  If that is eliminated, then I
agree with you.  If someone is pulling RBN spots, clicking them, and never
being part of it, its no different than FT8/4.  This would explain why so many
dupes are appearing and people not understanding the Serial number exchange on
WPX CW.  Sounds like serial numbers should be added to every contest to
eliminate such things.

73

Ed  N1UR