Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

To: k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 11:02:36 -0400
Jim: A few years ago, 2M was open from NJ to MN. A local here in NJ was
working guys one after another on the calling freq. Then, I heard 2 guys in
MN on the calling freq complaining  that the frequency was too crowded to
work anyone! Standard practice has been in areas with very little VHF
activity is to monitor the calling freq, and when a new station shows up,
everyone works the new one.  BTW, on FT8, everyone is on the calling freq,
and that is OK. --Mike, WV2ZOW