Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 00:52:17 -0700

I don't have a dog in this fight, but as an observer your argument seems pretty fallacious to me.  If somebody managed to come up with a RTTY decoder that was much more effective at decoding I sincerely doubt you'd be campaigning against it.  Even so, the basic difference comes down to S/N ratio and bandwidth ... RTTY is pretty solid given strength and space.

It seems to me that there are more rational arguments against mixing the modes than RTTY being a less effective medium, or that it allows chatter outside the points exchange.

Dave   AB7E