Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 21:46:56 -0500
That's the point I tried to make a bit ago in a slightly different context: Should the running station delay the ID until the pile-up thins out, thereby rewarding the operators who stuck around the longest over the ones who invested lots of hard work in building antennas so they could be louder? (Yes, I know some wealthy hams just pay big bucks to have someone else build their antenna systems, or fly in on Friday as guest ops, but at least some of us are up there on the tower(s) ourselves. If you've done it, you know it's a lot of work.)

73,

Scott K9MA

Multiple stations come back simultaneously and are decoded. An algorithm in WSJT-X picks one of them.

Do you really like the idea that your station, that you have been improving for years to be loud, can now be selected against by a K1JT algorithm that chooses the weakest, not the strongest calling station ?

73,
Steve, N2IC

Scott  K9MA

k9ma@sdellington.us