Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting

To: "'Ria Jairam'" <rjairam@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 - Robotic Contesting
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 22:51:30 -0300
I would agree that SOME of the human element has been 'enhanced', but I am
still decoding CW by ear (and SSB too of course, although someday I am sure SSB
contests will be digitized.

Someday.....if I live long enough, I am sure I would be able to start a contest
@ 0000z Sat and come back at 2359Z Sunday and see how I've done.

That'll be a sad day.

I don't think you'll ever see me doing an FT# or whatever contest where *this*
much is automated. It's not that I am against it.  I just don't see how people
derive any pleasure from it? My computer worked your computer.  Big deal.

And, as long as my ears are working, I'll decode the CW with my brain, thank
you very much.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey
Keswick Ridge, NB